Bleeding

Bleeding

Monday, March 27, 2017

Lettera 22 Link Help!

Snagged a Lettera 22 off CL last week. The carriage wouldn't hold because the escapement was gummed up. Nothing a little PB Blaster couldn't fix.

But there's still one more major problem left that I've been unable to solve: the ribbon vibrator will not stay at rest, and therefore, I can't use the machine because the ribbon blocks my view of the text.





Compare the image from the Olivetti repair manual (courtesy of Mr. Munk) with the image of my machine's link #34. It's not the right shape, so it doesn't work correctly. The vibrator will stay in the elevated position as if I was pressing a key. The spring next to link #34 is keeping it under constant tension.




The link snapped when I tried to bend it back into the correct shape. I need a new one, so if you have a Lettera 22 parts machine please get in touch. I'll even pay for the stupid thing. I'm was so close to getting this back up and running properly.

Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment