Bleeding

Bleeding

Monday, March 13, 2017

Just a Bit Shameless Marketing


When I moved to Ste. Genevieve in 2015, After Their Kind was the very first short story I wrote on my Olivetti 21 typewriter. Every fantasy magazine turned it down, some praising the writing but noting that anthropomorphic animal characters were too hard to sell.

I found the "Dogs of War" anthology contest by accident last year. It seemed like a perfect market. I needed money. Why not? I never expected a volume this good to come out! Just look at that cover art!

"Dogs of War" has twenty-three stories in it, and opens with a fantastic introduction by the editor about the history of humans using dogs (and other animals) in combat (from ancient times to the present). Each story also has a short intro which helps contextualize what you're about to read.

If you're interested, head over to this link here to pick up a copy! I've been in contact with the editor since it was published in January and he said the first batch sold out before the convention in SF was over (reason why it took so long to get mine).

It's kinda like Zootopia or The Jungle Book with guns and...other stuff.

Cool!

Part 2 of "Making Art with Checklist" coming soon. Promise!

2 comments:

  1. So did you get your story into it? It looks like an interesting book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, I checked the page out. You did!

      Delete