When I got my Olympia typewriter back from Vernon, he recommended working the tabulator button as much as possible in an attempt to loosen up the mechanism. While I was doing so, I Tips the machine on its side briefly in order to shift in my seat. The drawback and came out of its grooves and is now tangled in the guts of the carriage assembly. I have never met such a finicky machine that is, otherwise, in excellent working condition. I might take it back to Him tomorrow and see if he can fix it, but I'm starting to question whether I should bother keeping it at all. I have over $100 invested in this machine and it has caused me a lot of trouble.
Meanwhile, I received a letter from one of the magazines, a literary journal called Ember. A few weeks ago, they asked for stories based on a painting they had published. I sent mine and was informed that it had been shortlisted in the top ten, even though it was ultimately rejected. They had a lot of praise for it.
This shows that I am definitely improving, but now I'm not sure what to do with it. This is the only children's story I've ever written and I don't know the market.
Oh well. To Google.
I woke up this morning and found the draw band had mysteriously untangled itself...so I was able to reattach it and saved a visit to Vern.