Bleeding

Bleeding

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Brett

Martha (myoldtypewriter) was the only one who successfully guessed the mystery repair project!

Brett is, indeed, a Corona 3.

EDIT: it's Mary, not Martha. Sorry!




She cost me $25 and doesn't have a carry case. I was amazed to find that her stencils and decals were untouched. The machine is filthy, but there is no rust on any of the major components. The draw band is broken and there is a missing screw that connects the folding levers. 

Other than that, she is in very good condition for her age. Vern has already agreed to let me have another "training day" at his shop. It'll be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see how she types! Probably won't be able to see Vern for another two weeks or so, but I'll keep you guys posted.


Power to the pen!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! You are getting your typospherians mixed up. I'm actually Mary, not Martha.

    Was my line of reasoning (Brett Ashley, The Sun Also Rises, Hemingway) correct, or was Corona 3 just a lucky guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops....I'll fix that. Yes, you were dead on!

      Delete
  2. I've a spare parts corona 3 (later model), so if you need anything (like the pivot screw) I can send it your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think it'll be necessary, but if that changes I'll send you an email.

      Delete