Bleeding

Bleeding

Friday, July 10, 2015

SM 3 Repaired!

Be sure to sign up for the chain letter! I'm sending it out next week!

Dropped a screw once or forty times, but now the SM3 is fixed!

Well, mostly. Still need to work on the type face alignment.



A big thanks to Richard in Chicago for supplying the parts. The bail bar was tricky. It seems you can't tighten the screws to full tilt or it will render the whole thing too stiff to return properly when you flip the feed roller switch. The replacement paper guide seems a little different than the one on the left (you can tell from this picture that they aren't exactly lined up). But it works, so I am not complaining.

Funny thing is that the carriage lock no longer works, so that'll be one more thing I need Vern to fix on Monday.


I'm adding one more Olympia to the fold very soon. I'd like to see if you guys can guess what it is.


Power to the pen!

4 comments:

  1. No, you already have one, obviously, so I don't think it's an SM9. A Monica??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go the other direction and guess SG-1 or SG-3

    Nice fix, by the way. My forest-green SM-3 is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete