Thursday, June 11, 2015

A REAL Typecast for a Change

And now for something completely different. Stuff I saw at a junk store.

A 1995 magazine.


And the finale:

Each time I see one of these, I want to use it just for bragging rights.

Power to the pen!


  1. That text from Flea Market Treasures looks very familiar. It may have been that book, or an earlier edition, that turned me into a mad typewriter collector in 1994. I wrote to Paul Lippman, in Hoboken, who told me that he wasn't publishing his newsletter anymore but did have a book for sale (American Typewriters: A Collector's Encyclopedia). The rest is history.

    1. I knew photographing that book was a good idea!

  2. ah the hermes 3000... I admit I rarely use mine. It's not that I dislike it, I guess there are just other machines I enjoy typing on more. Nice typeface too!