Bleeding

Bleeding

Friday, May 1, 2015

The First Ever Typosphere Chain Letter!

At work two days ago, my boss used the paper cutter to make some tags. The strips that were left over went into the trash. Then I started thinking. Hmm...those might be useful for sending short notes. Then I thought about it more. Hmmmmmm....reminds me of the paper chains we made in grade school to mark the days left until summer vacation. Then I thought Hmmmm....there's a lot of paper here. No sense in throwing it all away...

After all that thinking and hmmmming, I came up with a project that (I hope) you guys will want to be a part of. I call it "The Typosphere Chain Letter." We're a pretty tight-knit community, but most of us don't correspond the old fashioned way. I thought this would be a great way to change that.

Here's how it works:

1. Everybody sends their name and preferred mailing address to me.
2. I compile the names in order and draw up a master list of all the participants.
3. I type a brief message on one of the slips of paper (signing it with my name and the typewriter I'm using; each answer will be numbered according to the list) and mail it with the blank slips and master list to the next person.
4. The second person replies to the previous message and then poses a new question to the next person in line and sends it along.
5. The last person replies to the message and then sends all of the answers back to me.

When I get all of the answers, I'll scan and post them to the blog for an epic collage!

What do you guys think? Sound like fun?

If you'd like to participate, email me (by viewing my complete profile) with your name and snail mail address. Since this is our first time, I'm going to set a limit of 15 typists. I'm going out of town for four days of mandatory training, May 16-20. Therefore, all who wish to participate must let me know by May 14. I will mail the letter May 15.

Can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment