Bleeding

Bleeding

Sunday, May 24, 2015

My 150th Post: The Special Thing!








Shipping included, it cost me $20
This correction paper dispenser is glued to the frame.
Someone must not have been a very clean typist...


Like my Olivetti 21, this Aztec is from PA!

The key to the case.

Instruction manual. The handy notes tell you what features are exclusive to the Model 14 and 15.

An extra metal spool and a new ribbon!
These metal knobs slide into the feet to secure the machine.
There are two spaces for locking screws to make it even more secure.



Never seen this before. Date of production, maybe?

Faint serial number on one of the spools, though I'm sure it's not original.

It's an interesting piece to be sure. The only thing I wasn't able to figure out was how to attach the two case halves together. We'll see how I like it after using it for awhile.

If any of you guys have an Aztec, chime in!


Power to the pen!

9 comments:

  1. Neat, didn't know that Aztecs had a year stamp on them. That's handy info (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not 100% that's what it is, just the only way I can explain it.

      Delete
  2. Good one! I've never gotten my hands on a late Erika like this. That 1964 certainly looks like a year to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time will tell if it's any good compared to its West German brothers.

      Delete
  3. Lucky fun! Can't wait to see it featured on Front Stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name for a typewriter. Nice buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To put the case halves together: you just slide the back of the bottom tray onto these two metal L-shaped plates and close the top cover (which is made to measure) over the machine. Simple as that. There is no permanent catch to keep them together when opened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks! The way they just kind of stuck out like that I thought something was broken. This design is rather unusual.

      Delete
    2. I believe quite a few other typewriter cases used this simple design. First one that comes to mind is one of Underwood 3-bank - granted that its case is made of wood but the way the cover holds on to the bottom tray at the rear is pretty much the same. :)

      Delete