Bleeding

Bleeding

Monday, April 6, 2015

Now I'm Playing With Power!

If anyone knows where I can find an owner's manual, I'd appreciate it.


The only visible damage is the chipped plastic line marker.

Can't tell if all of that white stuff is paint or White-Out. Works fine, regardless.

The "touch selector" doesn't seem to have much effect.

In all my collecting days, I've seen very few cases with the specific model printed on the exterior.


In the coming days, I'll throw up some posts about our trip to Charleston (including a shout out to a local author and a very special book store; I'll also include some great typing locations for you fortunate enough to live nearby!) and the new projects that I've got going. Hope this satisfies for now.

When I was testing the Electra, it acted strange. The carriage wouldn't lock, so it kept sliding to the right, even after being returned. It was as if the teeth had been ground down. I was worried I had found yet another broken machine (the shop where I reserved the 250 Mk II was closed, hence my excitement for finding this 210 for $22).

However, for some reason, it magically fixed itself after I played around with it for a few minutes. It hasn't misbehaved since, but I will be keeping a close eye on it. One reason I chose this over the 250 was the paper supports! I always like having paper supports on my typewriters. Just cuz.

As far as manual typewriters go, I'm thinking of swapping out or two of my machines for an Olivetti Lettera 22 or 32. I'd like a high-class ultra portable that I could take anywhere with minimal storage space needed. Plus, the weather is turning nice, so I'll be eager to venture outside every now and then.

One final note, I'm considering alternate names for this blog. "Oblivion Sphere" was originally intended as a multi-media blog about video games, TV, comics, and a bunch of other things. However, now I've narrowed my focus to vintage books, typewriters, and the craft of writing itself. The name doesn't seem appropriate. I'm going to browse the interwebz for ideas, looking for that one phrase that stands out above all. I'm also open to all suggestions from you guys.


Power to the pen!



Eh? Eh???

1 comment:

  1. I love electrics, almost as much as I do my manuals. My favorite is an old IBM Model C. It's just a massive locomotive of a typewriter. I still need to get that one showcased on my blog.

    I'm glad you like you Electra, now I know I'm not the only one who uses electrics!

    ReplyDelete