Bleeding

Bleeding

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Another Fixer-Upper and Some Old Books









How does all of this crap get under the machine?







The only thing I couldn't figure out was the serial number: AE3 630,527. 

Yes, you read that right. The Typewriter Database doesn't have anything for the QDL with that prefix. What I do know is that it's a post-war machine (which is pretty obvious). Again, I'd appreciate your help with pinning down the exact year, if it's possible.

Not entirely sure if this QDL will be a keeper, but I did enjoying getting it back to working order. One more machine salvaged! 

Meanwhile, the library continues to grow at a steady pace. 

All of these books are first editions except Herzog.

September, September is a great novel, one that I'll write a full review for later this week.

That's all for now. Power to the pen!

4 comments:

  1. QDL's with 2-letter prefixes just indicate a special feature. Possibly the typeface, which is "Windsor" I believe. This machine is a 1957 "A" model (QDL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the assist! It was becoming a real puzzler. I suspected 1957 after looking at other examples on the Typewriter Database. I think you're right about the font being the special feature, since there is no other buttons or knobs on the machine that I can see.

      Delete