Bleeding

Bleeding

Friday, February 6, 2015

February Makes Me Shiver





I shouldn't complain too much. I have a job with great benefits, a woman who loves me, and a passion I enjoy. That's more that what most people have in this day and age.

By the way, one very special piece of good news I have for everyone is that Vern is currently training an apprentice. His name is Marcus. Quite the nice young fella. It gives me joy to know that the art is being passed on to another generation. He seemed eager to take a look at two other machines of mine that need work.


Power to the pen!

3 comments:

  1. Nice upgrade! For ribbons, I've been happy with the Porelon brand of ribbons from Office Max. There does seem to be a difference, calculator ribbons often use a thicker fabric design to take the harder imprint from a motorized mechanism, but don't imprint well from a manual typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always delighted to hear that someone new is learning the art of typewriter repair.

    And I too am plesantly surprised when I find a typewriter that will roll paper under the bail with no need to lift it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to work something out for the Skyriter. Those are neat little typewirters, and generally easy to work on.

    It is nice when you get a typewriter that will fully feed paper. I think I need to lift the bail on all of mine but my full size office machines.

    I think it is great someone wants to learn the typewriter repair business.

    ReplyDelete