Bleeding

Bleeding

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Triumph of the Will*

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
"Each journey begins with a small step."









Took me forever to find the dang serial number.


It's official: I like circular glass keys more than any other.



It's been a wonderful week, and it's not even Christmas yet!

I interviewed for a job, and on the way back I was tempted to buy not one, but two beautiful Royals.

Royal KHM. Ribbon color selector is weak, probably non-functional. Needs new ribbon. $55

Royal 10. Works perfectly...but the glass keys were replaced at some time in its life. $55.
Not bad, but not what I want in a legendary machine like this. The right shift now says "Fletcher Ty. Co."

Yes, you read correctly. Tempted, but I'm still bound by my pledge not to buy another one until after I'm married. We kinda need that money for honeymoon stuff. I never expected to get a typewriter for any kind of present and then the folks pulled a fast one on me. I mean a really fast one. The Triumph was supplied through Jones' Typewriter in St. Louis. The case is falling apart. Very unfortunate, since it will complicate storage. I'll have to be extra careful with this gem.

Speaking of my one-and-only, Courtney came to see me graduate. We hadn't been together since August. Boy were we overdue! We're really earning our keep in the relationship department.

She brought me a very special present.

It's so cute! I'm going to pick up every penny I find. It'll be a perfect addition to my writing desk.
(It's a bank...since you can't tell from this angle)

She's a keeper, no?

Rhetorical question.


Now that I'm finally done with my fun week, job interview, graduation, and other random stuff that kept coming up, I can finally get back to reading manuscripts for my beta exchange and maybe, just maybe, write a little myself.

I'm tempted to post more stuff this week to make up for lost time, but then I thought "Nah, everyone else is relaxing. You should be too."

So, I will see you at the dawn of the new year....unless something super special awesome comes up, like this.



Power to the pen!








*Pun!

No comments:

Post a Comment