Monday, November 24, 2014

Pass the Salt!

Been on a kind of blogging blitz lately. Getting some material up before the Thanksgiving holiday. My news feed on Facebook rarely produces anything worth looking at, but today is the exception!

Digital technology can, if unchecked, lead to addictive behavior. I'm not a scientist, but I speak from experience when I tell you that all you've got to do is take a glance around your average American town to see how people are glued to their phones.

As a result, ever so often, I'll see a new link to an "etiquette" campaign designed to encourage people to be more respectful and get off the phone and interact with real people. Most of them just show how much time the average person spends on their smart phone (curious, since I'd wager that tablets and computers are just as bad).

But this video takes it to a whole new level.

Good 'ol Smith Corona. Makes me want to bang out a few pages on "The Chief" when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. Great video. I think I'll start carrying a Skyriter with me so when I'm surrounded by annoying phone people I can start texting -- the real way!