Bleeding

Bleeding

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Wildfires and Thunderstorms

What a week.

It's been good for me, but ever so often I cast a wayward glance towards St. Louis. I never expected to see a major riot in my birth state, not within my lifetime. Guess that goes to show how much you really don't know about the world.

There are two great tragedies at work.

1. It doesn't matter what really happened. A young man lost his life. A police officer is about to lose his career and possibly his freedom. Meanwhile, Ferguson has been turned into a war zone, everyone vs everyone else.

2. Riots can happen anywhere, under the right circumstances.

This highlights what I was thinking about just a few weeks ago on Independence Day. Here is further proof that we're more than capable of another civil war.

But, on the flip side, life's been great for me. Last week I tried my very first attempt at discovery writing. It was slow, and somewhat arduous. I only had the faintest idea of a character and situation. After 12 pages, I still have no idea where the story is going, but I'm intrigued by the character. We'll see what happens.

For now, I've put it aside. I'm visiting friends in Tennessee. After I get back home, more job searching and school work await me.

Be safe out there. I'm going to enjoy the rest of this coffee while listening to the rain.


Power to the pen!

1 comment:

  1. courage, friend. sanity will have to re-assert itself at some point, we hope.

    ReplyDelete