Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let the Dice Fly

Moments ago, I watched history in the making as the 44th President of the United States, Barrack Obama, was sworn into office in Washington. I found myself rather humbled when it occured to me that I was watching the dawn of a new age in the nation's history.

Many Christians, like myself, are not thrilled with this turn of events, since they, and myself, disagree with his policies on many issues like abortion. Nevertheless, he is now in power and it is by the will of God that this has come to pass.

In his inauguration speech, the new President paraphrased the Bible, (1 Corinthians 13:11) by saying, "The time has come to put away childish things," refering to the war in Iraq, the suffering economy, the ruined healthcare system, and failing schools.

Obama's words promised hope, prosperity peace for all nations of the world. As he concluded, to the massive applause of the thousands of supporters and citizens, my thoughts drifted back to Eisenhower, "The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you."

Our eyes are on you now, Mr. President.

Please, make us pround.

Power to the pen, and those who take the sacred oath written by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment