Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Very Good Morning

Hello again readers,

I hope you all had an awesome Halloween and first day of November. I didn't do much, but I have some exciting news that you may be interested in.

For those of you who haven't read my first post, I'm a novelist, or if you want to call me a free-lance writer that's fine too. My primary genres are fantasy and science fiction, even though I'm starting to dabble in the thriller aspect as well. My first book, Lunar Dawn, is currently available for download from an electronic company called Club Lighthouse Publishing (just look at my first post for their website).

But that's all about to change. As of this week, I have started down a path that will lead my book to a printing press. That's right, Lunar Dawn is coming out in paperback! Now many of you may be wondering why this is exciting. Well, I'll tell you why, starting with the story.

Lunar Dawn is the first installment in my series "The Eclipse Chronicles". The book begins in the middle of this destructive war in which the kingdom Juran is the last standing opposition to hordes of Demons that have overrun the planet. These Demons, however, come from outer space, so no one knows a single thing about them. Their technology is far superior and they have the Juran armies outnumbered at least 10 to 1. The only thing keeping the planet from being totally engulfed by darkness is a young Juran soldier named Ephraim Jordan. Ephraim is an alien who was taken in by the Jurans after his world was conquered by the same Demons he now fights against. He carried a sword called the Eclipse Crescent, which is embedded with supernatural magic powers. Ephraim is known as the Holy Knight, and the Demons want him dead more than anyone else. The only problem is that they can't beat him.

The novel follows Ephraim as he volunteers for a mission that basically orders him to end the war be way of slaying Cain, the Demon king. Along the way, Ephraim gets help from a number of people who all want to see the ear of terror end. His long time friend and mentor, the mage Codya Manasseh, accompanies him on the trip as they dive into a twisted web of danger and deceit. That's all I'm going to say about the basic plot, so I hope you're interested enough to read it.

What I WILL say is that it is nothing like any fantasy novel you've ever read. First of all, there are very few cliche elements, such as elves, dwarfs, etc. Even when I DID have them in the story, they've nearly been hunted to extinction by the Demons, thus playing a very insignificant role to begin with. I eventually thought, "Why bother?" So I took them out completely and focused on developing my other races, like Gravers, War Birds, Ra'kiy, and Nymphs just to name a few.

There were a few things I added from the conventional elements to make a kind of blend. For example, Ephraim is an alien from another planet. We know this because the book mentions that he has pointed ears, like an elf, and violate eyes with grey hair. I also introduced some classic horror characters that seem to have been forgotten over the years, especially in modern fantasy, like vampires and warlocks. Basically, I did everything I could to make sure this work was as original as possible.

But don't worry, I kept all the necessities of a good story: romance, suspense, horror, action, humor, more action, more romance, action and just too many things to list on this page!

Anyway, this is just an initial announcement. I will be editing the book to make the parts better and the overall flow more unique. More updates will be posted on here as soon as something develops. I'd be more take orders if you want your name on the list. Email me today!

Power to the pen and those who wield it!


    Its Dianna by the way. lol. :)

  2. OMG...Most definitly i am going to read that. Sounds MOST EXCITING!!!!