Thursday, October 25, 2007

Igniting a Wild Fire


Welcome to Oblivion Sphere! This is my first post of the blog *sigh* what a feeling! I'll just start with a brief intro. I am a writer, a novelist, a creative engineer who cherishes his craft, constantly refining and improving it. My original dream was to be a comic book artist, manga especially. But at age 11 (or maybe 12?) I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. The pain and limiting effects of this disease (which I still carry six years later) compounded with my own dissatisfaction of my work, eventually led to me retiring the pencils and markers for good. At 15, I decided to try writing as an experiment to see if I could use it to channel all the energy built up inside. I started typing up a story on a computer we had in the basement, but then something happened: I couldn't stop! It exploded into an all-out obsession in just six weeks, when I had finished the first 175 pages. Now I spend a little time almost every day doing what I love, immersed in fantasy, science fiction, drama, romance, action, mystery and thrills.

My first novel, Lunar Dawn, is available for download at I have more books in this series on their way, but after there is also a load of homework calling me. Please return soon to read my next post or to comment on related subject matters! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Power to the pen and those who wield it!

Taylor Harbin

No comments:

Post a Comment